Engineering News-Record (ENR) has announced the 20 winners of Best of the Best project competition. This announcement is the culmination of a nearly yearlong effort involving 100 construction industry experts to judge various stages of the contest. More than 600 teams submitted their best work.
Audrey Irmas Pavilion at Wilshire Boulevard Temple won in the Cultural/Worship category. The project consisted of an expansion to the historic building that was originally built in 1929. The addition of the new 55,000 square foot pavilion in the shape of a trapezoid serves as an auxiliary space for the temple's congregants and residents. Southland performed mechanical, insulation, controls, and TAB.
Best of the Best Award | Best Projects
As an MEP building systems expert, Southland Industries provides integrated, full lifecycle solutions that optimize the design, construction, operation, and efficiency of buildings. Through collaborative partnerships with our clients and the collective expertise of our people, we create premier built environments and future-ready spaces where communities and businesses can thrive.
Vice President, Marketing & Communications
Explore latest media in the newsroom
- 2022 U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) Design Award
- Southland Industries Named #19 on the Largest Engineering Firms List in Greater Washington
- Washington Building Congress (WBC) 2023 Craftsmanship Award
- 2022 Secretary of the Army Energy and Water Management Award
- 2022 Lean Construction Institute Design Award